Effects of influenza vaccine and sun exposure time against laboratory-confirmed influenza hospitalizations among young children during the 2012-13 to 2015-16 influenza seasons.
J Microbiol Immunol Infect. 2019 Oct 29. pii: S1684-1182(19)30166-5. doi: 10.1016/j.jmii.2019.09.010
Wang CY1, Chang YH2, Huang LM2, Chi H3, Chiu NC3, Chang LY2, Lu CY2, Huang YC4, Lin HC5, Lee JT6, Liu CC7, Huang YC8, Ho YH9, Tu YH10, Wang JY11, Huang DT12; Taiwan Pediatric Infectious Disease Alliance.
- This Vitamin Shown to Be Almost 10 Times More Effective Than the Flu Shot – Feb 2017
- Additional 4 ng of vitamin D reduced chance of infection by 7 percent – June 2011
- Perhaps the children on this page had 20 ng higher level of vitamin D due to the sun
Flu has the following
Vitamin D fights all phases of Influenza
- FACT: Vitamin D PREVENTS Influenza 7X lower risk
- FACT: Vitamin D TREATS Influenza ( Vitamin D Hammer )
- Single dose of 50,000 IU of vitamin D stops Influenza symptoms
- FACT: Vitamin D PREVENTS & TREATS Sepsis which is a rare but deadly consequence of Influenza
- FACT: Vitamin D enhances the activity of vaccines.
- FACT: Vitamin D has virtually no side effects
- but 1 in 300 get people get muscle pain or itching due to lower magnesium levels
- FACT: Vitamin D prevents/treats over 120 health problems (left column)
- FACT: Do not take vitamin D if Sarcoidosis, excess Calcium, Chemotherapy
- CONCLUSION To help protect/treat influenza, take 50,000 IU of Vitamin D once a week
during the flu season if you are an average weight adult
In this study: Vaccine 35% more effective if >7 hours of sun OR probiotic
- Probiotics Offer Powerful Anti-Flu Defense Life Extension 2018
- Help flu shots stick with prebiotics and probiotics? March 2019
- Efficacy of Probiotics in Prevention of Influenza - book chapter https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-23213-3_6
- Could a probiotic help prevent the flu? Feb 2019
- Effect of Probiotics and Prebiotics on Immune Response to Influenza Vaccination in Adults: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials Nov 2017
- H1N1 1.8 X, H3N2 2.8 X, B strain 2.1X FREE PDF
- Probiotics increased Vitamin D etc in healthy children – RCT Oct 2019 Vitamin D Life
- Probiotic and vitamin D synergy - July 2015 Vitamin D Life
Influenza is a major cause of acute respiratory infection burden worldwide, leading to many hospitalizations. An annual influenza vaccine is believed to be the best way to prevent influenza-related illnesses. We focused on the efficacies of other possible preventive measures such as increasing sun exposure time and dietary supplements to prevent these illnesses.
We conducted a matched-pair case-control study along with the Taiwan Pediatric Infectious Disease Alliance. We included influenza-related hospitalized patients with age ranging from 6 months to 5 years during the 2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2014-2015, and 2015-2016 influenza seasons. The controls were comparable to cases in age, sex, and residential area and had no influenza-related hospitalization records in the same season. We extracted data from vaccination histories and got the patients' guardians to complete questionnaires. Data were analyzed using conditional logistic regression.
We enrolled 1514 children (421 influenza-infected cases and 1093 controls) in the study. We found seasonal influenza vaccination to be an independent protective factor against hospitalizations owing to influenza [p < 0.01; odds ratio (OR), 0.427; 95% confidence interval (CI), 0.306-0.594]. Children with mean sun exposure time of >7 h/week had a significantly lower risk of influenza-related hospitalizations than those with the mean sun exposure time of ≤7 h/week (p < 0.05; OR, 0.667; 95% CI, 0.491-0.906).
Seasonal influenza vaccination effectively prevents influenza-related hospitalizations in children aged ≤5 years. Besides, >7 h of sun exposure/week may also be associated with lower risk of influenza-related hospitalizations in children.